Thursday, July 1, 2010

A Breath of Fresh Air:

Sometimes as I go through my life. Going to work, and having thing happening then deal with it then another thing happens amongst all the other things that happens in ones life. Have you ever had a time when you all of a sudden out of no where just sort of wake up? You look around and see that the house is dirty. Laundry needs to be done. Stuff you have planned on doing is waiting for you. It like you were in a dream for weeks, and finally poof you woke up.

It was like that this morning. I recognize this as depression, where I go through the movements of life not really being alive, but I remember being alive and dealing with life. One moment I was fixing my hair and the next I had a spark of inspiration, and a flick of life came to me.  Then I was moving better, I had a skip in my step, a determination of all that needs to be done.

It might be because I have to move soon and have a lot to do, but I suspect that I was depressed at all the catastrophes that took place these last few weeks. The good news is I made it unscathed and didn’t freak out and go splat on the floor. No crying and yelling at God, why me. (Hands up in the air shaking.)

Maybe I’m finally growing up. Finally understanding that when things happen, we go through them, deal and make decisions and then life goes on. Part of it may be the fact that I write it out on this blog. It keeps thing interesting not only for me but for my readers. I wish that I had more to write about but then I am grateful that I don’t. I have enough to deal with already.

Busy with work:
Over the next week I will be pretty busy. Some of you know that I work in property management. Around the first of the month the office gets kind of crazy. I will do my best to post things. Most likely I will keep track of some of the more interesting and funny thing happening and then report on later posts. Bare with me, people are the most interesting of all the animals of our world. And I love to study them. Please keep checking.

Really Cool Creative Writing Practice:
I just learned this really cool creative writing practice. It’s where you take a sense, such as taste or smell and then take an emotion or mood and try to come up with as many words as you can.

Last night I took Taste, why because it was different and I wanted to challenge myself. I paired it with the emotion anger. Here’s what I came up with.

Sense: Taste
Emotion: Anger

Pungent, hot, harsh, sharp, painful, distasteful, offensive, biting, strong, scalding.

Then I took a different emotion. Same sense. Sorrow. This is a list I came up with.

Sour, bitter, cold, indigestible.

Give it a try and see how many you can come up with.

This exercise was something I really enjoyed and will try different ones. Than in three months I will try it again and see how much I have improved.

Do you have a creative writing exercise that you like? Post it and let’s have some fun. Maybe we can have a contest. Either way we can learn from each other.

New reading material:
One of my favorite authors is Sherrilyn Kenyon. This author writes books that are wonderful. With each book she introduces new characters that bring in other characters that spin off into another book but continues the original story. The characters are fabulous and interesting and just plain good. Sherrilyn’s books have different worlds. The league, Dark Hunter, Were Hunter, Dream Hunter, well you get the idea.

The book I’m reading now is one of the Dream Hunter Series call Upon the Midnight Clear. It’s pretty good so far. I will review it in a few days.

Well I better stop writing and get to work. Share, learn, grow, laugh, and bond with others. Remember you don’t have to be a member. By for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment