Thursday, July 8, 2010

Little Worrior: Braveheart

A few days ago I acquired a little boy kitten. This little thing was sick and had puss in its eyes. Yesterday I was able to take him to a vet for much needed medicine. This morning the changes are significant. I call him Braveheart because he is a little warrior. When he first arrived he slept most of the time, battling with his inadequate eyesight and persistent sneezing. The sneezing has slowed down and his eyes don’t hurt anymore. I saw him change almost immediately as soon as the drops were placed in the eyes. It was as if he understood the need and was grateful. (By the way  his weight.  1 pound.  What a big boy.)

He also received a bath, which he fought as well as his spirit would allow with his small strength. He wasn’t happy but resigned into it, his paws in a vice like grip around my hand. And like his namesake he was brave. After I wrapped him up in a towel and dried him off he then got real rambunctious. I recognized the signs. I placed him in my lap on a towel where he proceeded to attack my hand as I read my book, trying to bit me and let me know he wasn’t going to take a bath any more. After playing for a moment he grew bored and crawled off my lap to explore his surrounds.

He eyed a box, a box I placed him in when first I protected him, propped by the wall and saw an edge that looked inviting. Getting a start he dove into the box edge claws out and wrapped his paws around, grabbing as much of the edge as he could, while biting with fervor. He was doing his best to hone those fabulous features that gives cats their reputation.

After attacking the box edge he fell to the floor and decided he had enough, he looked around and saw a ball with a cross like top that allow the toy to wobble. He gave it a bat and then attacked it, the movements sparking a frenzy imagining of a future of mice catching, batting it this way and that. Oh, wait he hear tapping, looking away he see a hand tapping the floor. “Well now here’s a challenge, I can get that.” He thinks. He arches his back and bounces towards the hand sideways, confidence that he can get it, with his ferocious look. It moves around him continuously tapping. He stops short, sees the way its going and takes up pursuits. The hand lunges forward and attacks him. He flops down embracing the hand with all his strength biting furiously.

Suddenly the hand is gone and he hears tapping again. “Where did it go? It’s behind the large leg.” He trots around the leg and the hand lunges again. Down he goes and he bites into the soft flesh.
(Ouch! I squeal. * Wink* even though he doesn't hurt me I just don't want him used to biting hands.)

The hand is gone in mere moments. Upon getting up he spies the food dish.  His attention diverted.  “Hmm I think I’ll take a bit. “ The hands is there again tickling him, and he whips around and follows it trying to overtake it. The challenge is exciting and unpredictable. “I will have to work hard to defeat this foe.” He says.

The hand picks him up and places him in front of his dish. “Food, oh yeah, I’m hungry.” He meows. After gorging himself on the food he sees the water dish. Stops to scratch an itch and then attempts to take a drink.  Only the water ends up his nose. "Wow that hurts." as he tries to snort the water out.  He tries again only this time tipping his head so the nose stays out of the water. “Ah yes the refreshing taste of water.”

Yawning he wobbles over to the box and flops down in the corner. He had his workout for now, after a little rest he will continue on to hone those cat skills to be the brave warrior of the future.

Book Review and Update on Weight.
I finished another book. “Legacy” by RA Salvatore. A Drizzt Do’Urdan book 8 in the series.
The writing was fabulous in this one. Drizzt is known for his fighting prowess. But Drizzt has a nemesis who is just as good as he is only they fight for different reasons. No matter how long or how far a person can go their past comes back to haunt them. In this book that is what happens and almost kills all the five friends. The entire book was almost one day in the life of the five friends but some hardships and shocking revelations that shake them up and change some of them forever. What is next for Drizzt, a dark elf, Bruenor a dwarf, Regis a halfling, Wolfgar a barbarian and Catti-bri a human women. Life is never easy in the Forgotten Realm.  

Weight:
I am not doing well in the weight issue. Since my car broke down, accident and then my wrist and arm hurting I haven’t been to Zumba exercise class. The heat is causing me to eat lots ice cream. With the move and the kitty and writing and the ice cream among a bunch of other stuff I feel I am spiraling downhill. I can only hope that I have enough strength to battle through this tough time.

If there a subject that you would like to discuss? An issue that you need help with. Sometimes just talking about it helps. Well In this case writing about it helps. Share, laugh, cry, grow, and bond with others. Until next time.

1 comment:

  1. Hi sister, read your story and found it cute, you are definetly developing talent in the writing department but just a gentle suggestion is to edit the statement under your title (Womens issues) it has some errors that should be corrected since it leads the way. anyway good job on the site, I am feeling the need to express myself as well and have been developing my art and photography skills here. http://markamas.deviantart.com/

    ReplyDelete