Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Moving Day is Approaching

Packing has it up’s and down’s. While I'm putting stuff in boxes, I'm thinking, do I really need it?  A lot is getting tossed, on the up side less to pack and move.

Yesterday I had a surprise when I came home. One of the things I love the most about my cats is to have them greet me at the door.  Moments later walking towards their food bowls wondering why I haven't fed them yet and where is the fresh water if you please. 

"I'm hurrying, hold your horses." I tell them.  As I place my things on the kitchen counter. 
They just look from me to their bowls then back at me.  (obvious)  

This happens most day but when I came to the door and none of the cats were there to greet me I knew something was up. I looked everywhere for them. All I saw was little Braveheart.as he came running to me from the living room. (Of course I picked up the little handful and cuddled him to me. He purred sweetly.)

After looking everywhere I had a sneaky suspicion all the cats were in the basement, but why?

They were chasing a bird. It was in the basement flying around. Somehow it got caught down there, I don’t know how, but there he was hopping in the rafters, wings fluttering in panic.

The funny thing is when I first moved into the house another bird did the same thing. It was trapped in the basement and the cats were going crazy trying to capture it. I even wrote a short story about the adventure of finally removing it from the grips of all three cats. Now again there a bird, poor thing, in the basement going wild trying to escape. I hear it squawking and the frantic movement of the three predators. 

How the other bird escaped, he flew into the living area and got trapped behind a curtain trying to get out of a window. I grabbed it, softly encasing it into my hand, then took it outside and released him. I can only hope to do the same for this wretched thing. I hope I don’t find it dead or half eaten. (I cringe at the idea)

Last day for medication for Braveheart.
Yep. Last day for him and me, he is all healthy now and running around happy.

I saw the cutest thing this morning. One of my other cats, Little one is his name, my one eyed kitty and friend to little Braveheart. They both had their heads in the same food bowl eating. This is something special because Little one is the house scarf. Meaning he eats most of the food by pushing the other aside. Now he is sharing. Can you believe it? And at one point Braveheart actually pushed Little One out of the way.
(I just had to shake my head)

Three Ordinary Lives Facebook Launching.
I launched the page for my blog storyline called Three Ordinary Lives yesterday and am fast gaining friends. I also connected with other writing groups and authors. Connect with us on Facebook and share with friends. (Three Ordinary Lives).  Request to become friends and we can keep up. 

Do you have any women’s issues that you want to discuss? I just have my boring life to blog as of now, but that can change in a moments notice. Do you have an issue or topic that you wish to discuss? Join in the discussion. Well you’re updates now, and I have to get back to work. Share, laugh, cry, grow and bond with others. Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment