Friday, July 16, 2010

Bravehart the Warrior: Gets to walk around.

As some of you may know or if you are new to the blog.  I rescued a little kitten named Braveheart the Warrior.  I've had him for a little over a week, and he is recovering fast.

This is what he lloked like when he firs arrived.
He looks lost and sad.

           This is what he looks like now. 
What a difference.

As you can see his is full of live, heathy, his eyes are better, he is no longer sick, and he is extremely playful.   
Being the playful kitty that he is he needs more room so.   I let him walk around in the living room last night. I thought I would give him a chance to explore his surrounds more and get to know the other cats and I put them in my office while he walked around.

I allowed little Braveheart out of the bathroom this morning.  he needs more room and a chance to explore some more. 

He was so funny. He sauntered toward the others and they eyed him with disdain. Of course he ignored them and acted like he owned their space. First thing he approached was the food bowl. That didn’t go well with the cats; it’s amazing how much venom cats can have toward a newcomer.

After him moseying around and done with smelling things he really got his second wind. Now he wanted to play.   He cautiously walked up to my female cat, Juliet and smelled her tail. Juliet was tense, she sat quietly and waited to see what this little kitten was gonna do.

Braveheart did the usual thing that small kitten do. He arched his back and fanned out his tail, he reared up on all fours in preparation of a pounce, in mock fun. What does Juliet do? She jumps up with agile speed, far superior to Braveheart being as young as he is, and she hissed at him.

Braveheart stopped abruptly, getting her hiss of hatred, or jealously whichever way you want to look at it, and he took off in the other direction.

Of course I grabbed him and cuddled him, and spoke loving words to him, Then I spoke gentle words to Juliet, letting her know I love all of them and not to be upset.

I only allowed Braveheart ten minutes with those vultures. I know I’m being harsh with the others, but that is the nature of their game. I just play it better.  You see, I am the alpha in the pack. What I say goes and they know it. They will come around of course, but by then Little Braveheart will have a new home hopefully.

Well that's all I have on little Braveheart for today.  If you wish to discuss anything or want to contribute please email me at rhondamarsh1 at gmail dot com.  Share, laugh, cry, grow and bond with other women.  Until  next time. 















No comments:

Post a Comment