Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Review of Writers Group and Update on My Surprise Kitty.

I had the pleasure of attending the Greater Cleveland Writers Group last night. Every time I go I learn a lot about writers, as people, as the storytellers, and as the individual. Everyone seems to have their own opinion of how a piece should be written. My opinion is there are many ways stories can be written.

Let’s say you, as a writer, heard a story. If you are a mystery writer that story will be different than say a romance, or fantasy, or a memoir. If you are an article writer or a journalist that same story will be told extremely different.

The one sure thing is no matter what type of writer you are, story telling in all genres is extremely important.

There are a few professionals in the group who are very valuable. They consistently explain when you are writing a story to show us don’t tell us. Well I say, sometime showing us is better then telling us. The reason is because sometimes the reader needs to use their imagination. There is a wonderful article that I read regarding this.  I have included the link, because they can explain it much better than I. 
Click here:  When-to-tell-instead-of-show

Surprise Package:  My Little Kitten.
As some of you read yesterday I found a little kitten.  It is sick witha cold and has puss in its eyes, one eye may even be rendered useless.    A Carpet Cleaning Company was at the office in the apartment above the office.  One of the guys saw the kitten and said he was going to bring it to the APL.  I took it in and tried to clean out some of the puss out of its eyes.  Later the Carpert Cleaning Company was gone and I got worried.  I wasn't going to stop though, this little thing needs help.  There is a man that lives in a small house behind the office.  He has many cats. He doesn't have the money to get them fixed or for medicine.  So right  now all the cats have the same eye problem. 

The Capet Cleaning guy stopped by the office later and we made arrangements to take kitty to the vets.  Which will happen later today.  I wanted to show you some pictures of the little guys.  Becuase he is sick he is separated from the other cats. 

Take a look at his eyes.  I cleaned out a lot of the puss but he still needs medicine.
and the poor thing has a cold. He sneezed all over the place. 
Here he is in the box under my desk at the office.  Tiny isn't he?  
I took him home and he's eating some softened dry food.  This is my bathroom. 
After eating he walked around meowing softly.  I might call  him squeekers because when he meows he actually squeeks. 
Later we sat together on my recliner wrapped in a towel, he's playing with my fingers. 
He is so cute I couldn't help but snap this picture. 
I may call him Braveheart because he is being very brave right now. 
Brave in trusting me to take care of him. 

I tried to get milk for him this moring but the grocery story I went to wouldn't let me take him in.  The car is too hot for him to stay in while I shop.   I will continue the water and softened dry food until I see the vet later today.  He will only be with me until he gets well, and his eyes clear up.  Then I will look for a good home for him. 

I have three rescued cats and I cannot keep him, but I can care for him until a wonderful person steps up.  (Hint Hint.) or if you know of someone who will be a good human companion for him let me know.  I will continue updates on his progress.  What do you think I should name him?  I am taking suggestions. 

If there anything that you want to discuss?  An issue that you feel is important?  I'm sure my little voice isn't the only one in the world.  Don't be afraid, Join in the disussion and let your issues and voice be heard.  Share, laugh, cry, grow, and bond with others.  Until next time


No comments:

Post a Comment