Wednesday, June 23, 2010

What Up Lately, The Little Stuff.

Reading:
I just finished reading another book called Streams of Silver by R A Salvatore. Its book 5 in the series of Drizzt DoUrden. A dark Elf. These are rich stories filled with wonderous creative adventure. The characters are exceptional and filled with good intentions. There are 5 friends. Dizzt DoUrden, Brunor, a Dwarf, Walfgar, A Barbarian, Regis, a Halfling, what ever that is, and Catti bri, a human women. They go to extreme lengths to save their friends when they get into trouble and back them up when asked and that the reader can come to care about. The stories are thrilling, and the world is wild with crazy creatures. If you love Fantasy Fiction this is the place to start.

Weight and Workout Class.
On my way home while walking I walked past the rec center where I do my Zumba Classes. I could not make it this time, but the nice thing was the entire class was outside in the cool air. I guess the gym was too hot. But there they were my Zumba buddies working out and looking good. I can’t wait to get back to class. As soon as my car is fixed and I don’t have to walk I will be back in class. I can’t do both walking and Zumbe right now. I will have to work up to that, but for now I can’t wait to get back.

Is the Car Fixed Yet?
I looked out and my mechanic still hasn’t touched my car to fix it. It’s still sitting in the lot. What is taking him so long? It has been nine or ten days. I decided to go ask.

“Hi, did you forget my car?”

“No I just have a few things to do first.” He said.

“I have the money. Money is supposed to talk you know.” He smiled. I continued. “I haven’t cried yet, maybe if I cried you would fix the car sooner, ha.”

He chuckled. “Okay let me finish the other car and then we’ll get to yours.”

“Thank you.” I smiled and winked at him, then walked away back to the office.

The funny thing is he is such a character. He gave me a ride home yesterday, the radio was playing Dean Marin and he was singing with his good voice. I asked him why he was listening to this music? He said point blank, “Because I like it.” I just giggled.

1 hour later. The car still hasn’t moved. (Rolling my eyes, can I hit him now?)

Here’s Mud On Your Shoes:
I stepped out to get some lunch; I walked the two blocks to a corner store. I ended up stepping in some mud with my right tennis shoe without realizing it. I came back to the office and started eating. I got up to get some napkins and noticed the mud on my chair. I have on white pants, so now I have to wipe mud off my shoes. What a day.
(Shouldn't I have wrote about this? I just wanted everyone to know I am normal like you.)

Wednesday:
I called today hoping against hope that my mechanic at least started to fix the car.

Nope. Not at all, he hasn’t even bought the parts. I am beyond mad now. When and if I get my car back soon, I will never allow him to fix it again. I will find another mechanic that will not make me wait 10 days or more to fix it. The stress of not having it is killing me. All the things I could do and get done, I can’t do any of it and with the bike stolen, I feel totally trapped.

What is taking him so long, and why won’t he fix it. I am very perplexed. I gave him the money for the parts days ago. When I told him I had the money he sounded like he was going to get the parts that day and at least start. But he got busy with other things he said when I called him later.

I am at my last hope. I can assure you that after this, he will not be getting my money or maybe not even my friendship.

Writing update:
I did some writing last night and this morning. I still have a lot to do. But I am determined more than ever to make the best manuscript I can. The amount of work is staggering, but one day, one hour at a time can accomplish much.

If you have some incident that you want to share with the other women, we would love to hear from you. Share, laugh, grow, cry, learn, and bond with other women. By for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment