Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Good News and Bad News

Good News First:
This last weekend was very nice. Even though my car is broken I was able to take a bus to complete my errands and had a really good day. I went to the Farmer’s Market to buy fruit and vegetable. I could only buy a few items because I was carrying them on the bus but it will be enough to get me until my car gets fixed. It was a beautiful day with sunshine and on the corner where I was waiting for the bus, every year there was an outdoor market with lots of fun trinkets. A really nice band with good music was playing. There was good food, a nice cool breeze and the sun, and everyone seemed to be in good spirits.

When I got home I did some writing on my projects, and tried to stay cool in the house.

Sunday I got up early and rode the bicycle to a popular corner store down another main street. I needed a few things, dairy products, which the Farmer’s Market didn’t carry. I came home and did cooking for the week, or should I say preparing the meals. I did some writing, some reading and stayed cool.

Monday walked to work. I figured I need the work out, and I thought maybe my car would be fixed by the end of the day.

Now the Bad News:
Well the car wasn’t fixed, the mechanic didn’t get to it, and so I have to wait another day. Now here is the clincher. I came home, this time I got a ride. I was in my kitchen getting something to drink when I saw something in my peripheral vision, a movement outside from the window. I looked out the window, around my cat sitting on the seal, to see my new neighbor and new owner of the house. I talked with her briefly, but I noticed her looking kind of strange at me, unsure.

“Where is your bike?” She asked,

“Isn’t it in the garage? I said startled.

“NO.” She said shaking her head.

“Oh no!” I groaned. I quickly ran to the garage and sure enough the bike is gone. Only empty space where it should have been. My face fell. There was the new owners’ bike near it but my bike. GONE! I slowly walked back to my house. The new owner spied my face and asked, “What are you going to do?”

I didn’t say anything I just went into the house. What could I do? It’s just a bike. To do a police report won’t get the bike back.

I have no clue as to who took it. I only started using it this last week. It had been in my garage just in case I had to get the car fixed. It was a gift from my daughter, even though she is not talking to me. She is still my daughter. But the bike is gone.

It was going to be one of the ways I was using to lose weight, besides exercise. I had wanted one for a long time, but couldn’t afford it, so when my daughter gave me hers’ because she couldn’t take it with her, I was glad. Now I am very sad.

I have been in this neighborhood for three and a half years and never had anything stolen from me. I am shocked and stunned. I don’t know how to feel.

The depths of my emotions right now are staggering:
I see things that others have and I want them too, just like everyone else. But I have boundaries, if I want it bad enough I go out and get it, I save my money and pay for it or do without it.

I am not envious of another for what I think they have and believe I don’t. There are many mysteries in this world. Part of that mystery is the false belief that others are better off than we are. Or should I say the grass looks greener on the other side of the fence.

Until you’ve walked a mile in their shoes you cannot know what their life is like nor the struggles they have endured.

Next Day Blues:
So the bike is gone and I won’t see it again. I can only believe that whoever stole it will find happiness with it. For myself I hope I find a better way to work out and get a better bike someday.
(What I really want to do is kick some butt. Enough said.)

Well the dream I had of riding my bike around the city and getting a lot of exercise is a bust. Darn!

Share, laugh, cry, grow and bond with other women. Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment