Thursday, June 17, 2010

Bike Riding and a Diet Bust.

So I got up this morning and got ready for work and then I remembered I don’t have the car. Oh Darn,
(I would say a different word here but oh well.) So I started walking, well knowing I really didn’t want to walk and needed the exercise I decided to turn around and go get my bike.

This was an easy decision because my diet is a bust right now. I am unable to get to the grocery store because my car is being fixed, so I got on the bike and started to pedal. The ride was fine. It was a beautiful morning, a lot of people were out, I nodded to everyone and received nods back with smiles. Oh I forgot to tell you on Wednesday is my half day. My bike ride was around 1:00pm. The day was actually really nice, with cool summer breezes, the cars were behaving themselves; I got to work in about 10-12 minutes instead of 20-25 if I walked. All in all it was a very nice ride. I was breathing hard so I knew the exercise was good for me.

At work I didn’t have time to dilly-dally since it is my half-day. Of course my boss came in and piled on the work for me today. She didn’t stay long but still today is my half-day. (Double Darn) Half the reason I started working on Wednesday is to do property ads and invoices.  I had a lot of work on my desk, but at the end of the day I did what I could. Emailed my boss for approval of some correspondence and did the ads, among other things.

New writing coming:
I did some writing on my book this morning but I wanted to put something past you gals.

I’ve been thinking of doing another blog. I am developing an ongoing storyline with new characters and plotline. This will be completely different than my book. It will still be in the fiction genre but not fantasy fiction like my book. The characters will be ordinary people like you and me, doing ordinary things, but dealing with life. Even though all the characters are different they have a common dream. Not the same dream but similar. It was make them friends. Soon I will introduce the cast of characters and launch the blog. I hope you will like it.

On the way home bike ride:
Even though I was happy to have the bike, I wasn’t sure I could make it home. My legs were tired but I had give it my all. The first thing I notices was the way back to my house was a little upward climb. Believe me when I say I was pushing my legs and using all my strength to do it. My heart was pumping and I was groaning. Then I noticed all the bumps and cracks on the sidewalk. It makes for a bumpy ride on ones backside. I had to stop at a main light near my house, and put my head down to rest. I am sure everyone around in the cars was saying ha, ha. Look at that crazy lady trying to bike ride.

When the light turned green, it took me a moment because I still had my head down but I could hear the cars moving. I thought about staying there for another turn of a green light while I cooled down but figured if I didn’t go now, I wouldn’t make it at all. So I started back on the bike pumping, I got across the street and something happened with the pedals. I couldn’t hit the brakes fast enough and ended up with my bike front  tire hitting a pole. Oh nothing happened I was fine, just tired. I looked down and notice the chain had unhooked from the gears. I also notice two kids sitting at a local barber shop steps eyeing me. (I might have turned red in embarrassment.) I walked a bit to get out of the way and put the chain back on the gears, getting my fingers all greasy. Once the chain was back in, off I continued. I only had a little way to go. I got to my corner and then got back on the sidewalk and then halfway down the street, my glorious house. It never looked so good. I was tired and my legs were noodles, my heart was racing and I was breathing hard, but very proud of myself.

I think I’ll do it again tomorrow. I think bike riding could be addicting. You know my son is a long distance bike rider, now I see the challenge in it. Heck I might even save money on gas, at least for the summer, or until I move to my new location. (For those of you who are reading this for the first time, I have to move because the residence I live in sold.) I can’t ride the bike that far but I can ride it after work. I know I can’t ride it during the winter with snow piled up to my waist and I refuse to ride on the street during that time. So for now just bike riding to work is fine then after work when I move.

Well that is my adventure for today. If you have an adventure to share, or something you would like to discuss, we would love to hear from you. Share, laugh, live, cry, learn, grow and bond with other women. Take care, until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment