Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Book Reviews:

I'm half way thru the second reading of Succubus Shadows by Rochelle Mead. Book 5 in the Succubus series. I am beginning to understand the book now. Sometimes just one reading isn’t enough to understand a story therefore not a good way to judge. I read most books two or more times to really get a story and to study all the work and its complexities.

The Succubus, Georgina was captured and made to dream. In those dreams sequences she is shown all her mistakes throughout the years. She is left with pain and shattered hopes.

It is during those dream sequences that I begin to understand her better and her motivations for doing what she is/was/ has been doing all her long life. She’s immortal. It also makes sense as to what could come in her future.

I also finished another RA Salvatore book:
One of my favorite characters in a book is Drizzt Du’Urdan. A Dark Elf.  I have finished six books in the series and have ordered another 3 from the Library. The last one I finished was called The Halfling’s Gem. It was really good. I could barely put the book down. Of course it had all the wonderful creatures and the favorite beloved characters and lots of crazy, weird, wonderful fantasy fiction that I love so much. Also I got to understand more about the characters and how their lives play out. Makes me wonder how much more those guys and gal can go thru and how much more they will grow. I wouldn’t have it any other way.

I purposely don’t tell you much about the story because then it wouldn’t be such a surprise if you were to read it. (So there!)

Injury from My Bike Accident:
I think I may have injured my wrist when I fell face first on the sideway , I flung my arm and wrist to stop the fall, during my bike accident. My whole arm is aching especially my wrist. I need to see the doctor soon anyway regarding another matter so I will just ask him about this injury.

I am having a hard time typing. The only way it feels better is when I have my arm in a sling around my shoulders. Sometimes this happens, an injury won’t show up for a bit then later will come to haunt you.

I found a way to sling my arm up and brace it last night. It felt better when I went to bed. (I will baby it for quite a while I think. Maybe even get some sympathy at work or something.   Not.)

Working on the Fictional Story:
The story line that I am working on will be fictional. All three characters will be normal regular people dealing with everyday life. Any likeness to any real person or situation is unintended. It will be writing practice, fun and a learning experience for me. Soon I will start the blog and link it to mine, so the only way to get it will be through my blog.  Hope you like it. 

For those that want to leave comments:
I have it set up were the comments have to be review first. The reason is because I don’t want any spammers putting dumb stuff on the comments. We get enough of that elsewhere, we don’t need it here. I check the blog every day and all comments will be posted the next day. They are appreciated. Thank you to those that read. I don’t know how many are reading but you are very important to me.

If anyone would like to share their experiences or how you overcame a tough spot you are welcome to do so. We all can learn, grow, share and bond from them. By for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment