Monday, June 28, 2010

Back to Normal Update on Everything.

After a frustrating few weeks I finally got my car back on Friday. (Thank God.) It was very traumatic to be without it for two weeks. (Walking to work and home each day is no fun.) Now I have a lot to do to catch up on the things I couldn’t do while without it. One thing that cut my time in half to accomplish my errands, I had a date on Saturday, and the date was to begin at 3:45pm in the after noon.

There was several things wrong with this. One, it really was too early to start a date. Two, I had so much to do, errands and stuff, I was kind of annoyed. Three, by time 3:00pm came around to get ready for the date; I was ready for a nap.

The Date:
My date showed up around 3:50 which was fine, I wasn’t worried about it, there was traffic and stuff. But after spending some time with him I found him to be nice but very unemotional. The first time we dated which was the day that my car broke down. We had a good date. We went to the movies and then coffee afterwards. We have a nice conversation.

This time he stopped off at his sister’s house to work on her computer first before we were to go to the concert. His sister lived in a nice neighborhood in a large 10 story apartment building that was secured. She lived somewhere in the middle. We had to go up the elevator, and around corridors to reach it. I got lost.

The sister’s House:
Upon arriving at the sister’s house and having a brief introduction, those two walked into the other room and left me standing in her living room, with no instructions as to make yourself at home, please sit down, would you like something to drink? Nothing. I was standing there for 10 minutes until I finally decided to sit down, but there were towels on the chairs and I was unsure as to where to sit, or if I would disturb anything. So I sat on one chair on the end and waited. There was a huge TV on so I just watched that.

The entire time, which was more than an hour longer, I was hot, uncomfortable, and felt neglected. If I could have remembered how to get out of there I would have just left. I was debating of what to do. It that point I was very ill at ease and not wanting to continue the date.

When they finally came out of the room, they exchange a few brother and sister words then my date asked her for some drinks. They went through the assorted drinks list while her head was in the refrigerator. They did inquire if I wanted anything to drink but I told them. “No Thank you.”

On the way back to the car my date informs me that he is going to pick up someone else. A male friend of his, they were going to play guitar and jam with some others after the concert. (Originally I was just going to listen and enjoy my dates playing.)

What I thought was a date wasn’t really. I was not informed about picking up another person. I don’t know this other person. I barely knew my date. If I had to defend myself from my date if he got out of line, I felt confident but if there was two men. Plus I didn’t even know where we were going. Now I was really feeling uncomfortable.

At the car as he opened the door and secured me into the passenger side, and on his way to the driver side I had to think fast. How do I let him down casually, to not hurt him, and let me go home. When he got in and began looking at a map. I looked at him. “My date,” (Not using names here.) “I’m sorry but I’m really tired and could you please take me home.” He was surprised but did bring me home.

On the way back to my house I explained to him. “I’m doing you a favor by not going. (I had yawned twice on the way to his sister’s house, so I was not lying that I was tired.) “If I went.” I told him. “I would be tired and miserable and then you would be uncomfortable and then leave early to take me home and then you wouldn’t be happy.” Do you understand?”

“No.” was his answer.

Just that answer let me know that I was doing the correct thing for me. If he didn’t care that I was uncomfortable and tired the entire time then he is an unemotional person or a person who doesn’t care about the feeling of others. Before I would never have asked to be taken home. I would have endured through the entire day and been miserable and hating myself.

One lesson learned. Ask questions. Where is it that we are going? Will we be going alone? How long, what time will it be over? Etc… Make sure you have money in your pocket to get yourself home in case things do go haywire.

Sundays Excitement:
This may not be exciting to you but to me it is major. I woke up early and started working on my manuscript. I was scrolling down the pages and reading different parts and realized I still have a lot to do. My manuscript was very overwhelming so I decided to put my outlines into individual chapters so that I could work on them and finish my ideas for each of the chapters. I put them into a folder on my computer and labeled each chapter with something that is happening within. All in all I have 24 chapters, an epilogue and then some extra stuff that I might want to incorporate into the story. This doesn’t include any of the back stories except the ones that are in the manuscript as flashbacks.

After I finish each chapter putting all my ideas into them, then I will copy and past them into a new manuscript. That will be my 3 writing of the manuscript.

(I changed my mind a few times on how to begin the story. I still may make more changes, but at least I will see it more clearly.)

I’m not saying it is ready for publication, on the contrary, I still have to put the characters movement, explain about the room, sounds, feeling, smells, and everything that gives a reader a broader feel for the entire story.

After that come the revising, then more revising, then even more revising, until it is polished to perfection, or until I can clean it up and feel I gave my best work. It will get even more revisions when and if I get representation. In the mean time I will continue learning my craft and enjoy the process.

Weight Update:
Even though I walked the entire time I was without my car I don’t feel like I was really on the diet. So starting today the diet, exercise and health are on the forefront. Zumba class tonight and I brought my favorite foods to work. I also decided to read Dr. Phil’s Ultimate Weight Loss book. I want to go through the exercises and finally get over my problems with food. I don’t want them anymore. There are no more excuses.

If you would like to go through the book with me and want to discuss your progress, you are welcome to join me. Tell me of your hardships and struggles and we can decide on goals. Then we can help push each other towards those goals.

Join in the discussion of what is important to you. If it is something other than what I bring to the table, please comment and bring it forward. There is room for others opinions, I look forward to hearing from you and bonding with all of you. Share, learn, grow, laugh and bond with other women. By for now.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Rhonda....I have been following you and my wife likes your writings also. Keep up the good work and stay off that bicycle.....please.

    ReplyDelete