Friday, June 4, 2010

Finding Treasures in the Trash. Update on what’s up.

Hey everyone, sorry I haven’t posted in a while. So much has happened.
First I want to cover something. Some of you might not know that I work in Property Management. I had a tenant call in this morning with some scary news.

It seems the tenants upstairs from her got some furniture off the curb that was placed in the trash. Only to find out later the furniture had Scabies and Bed Bugs in it. Now thosse tenants have a battle going on in their apartment.

I talked with our Pest Control Company and have been told the only way to get rid of both Scabies and Bed Bugs are to get rid of everything and start over. Burn everything you have or throw them out, but if you throw them out. Please put a note on them for the next person who thinks treasure is in your trash.

Sometime there is a lot more than treasure in that trash. (Yuck!)

Update on what I have been doing.
One of my favorite authors Richelle Mead has a new book out called Spirit Bound from the Vampire Academy Series. The fifth book in the Series and of course I got the book. After reading it I understood the name of the book, but only after I read the final line of the story. (That's incredible)

Then I was in shock as to what happened to the hero and heroin. They are in peril I can assure you. The story brought so many questions I just had to read it again to try and figure them out, but I got just a few answers but more questions. So I read it again. Then I got to thinking maybe if I read from the beginning of the entire series I might get some answers. So can you guess what I did? Yes that is right I started at the beginning. I dove in and read each book; still I have to say that I am stumped at to who the next culprit is. (Exciting stuff)

What is really cool about the books and storyline is the author weaves so much into them and so much is going on and so much more behind the scenes, mostly because the point of view is in one person the main character Rose Hathaway.

Rose Hathaway is awesome by the way. I won’t tell you anything about the story just a small amount. It is about Vampires, but not the way you would think. It is not about blood, guts and scary stuff in the traditional way of vampires. The concept is really cool. Even though the book is considered Young adult the story is for everyone.

Update on Writing.
I am still writing my books but each time I write, I am completely shocked at some of the stuff that I am creating. Remember I said the story will take a life of its own. That is an understatement. It is really cool how stuff comes out of me that I don’t know where it comes from. I feel as if I am reading the story the same as you. (Any writers want to elaborate on this point feel free to comment.)

Weight Update.
Well I am eating better now. I was eating a few things not on my new life diet, meaning my diet for life change, and as soon as I do I get a headache. My body is telling me, don’t eat that. And because I don’t like the pain, I am choosing to eat the better food. Now the other thing that I need to work on is the exercise.

Eating right and trying to lose weight, correct that, for general heath the exercise is part of it. Even if you eat all the correct things the body movement is what is required. There are so many benefits to exercise, even if it is walking.
(Now if only I can get my head out of books?)
So now that I am eating better, and once in a while have a small portion of a cookie or one scoop of ice cream, but better choices all around with food, the next task for me is make sure I get exercise everyday. I will update you on that.

Oh by the way I went to see the movie Prince of Persia, The Sands of Time. It was very good and every exciting. If you get a chance to see it, do so. You won’t be disappointed. And of course Jake Gyllenhall is really good.

What do you think? How do you feel about any of the subjects that I covered? Is there a subject you want to discuss? Feel free to join in the discussion. Share, laugh, love, cry and bond with other women. Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment