Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Book Reviews – Updates on What’s Up.

Book Review:
Just finished another book from one of my favorite authors, Richelle Mead. She is the author of the extremely good Vampire Academies. She also has another book series out called Succubus. The Succubus storyline is about a succubus names Georgina. It is very interesting and has lots of sex in it. Good stuff. I am on the fifth book of the series. In truth the Succubus series is not as good as the Vampire Academies Series, but the characters are still dear to my heart.

(When Harry Potter was in full force I always wondered how I would go on. I am grateful I have found other heroes and heroines to keep track of.)

The name of this book is called Succubus Shadows. Since this is the fifth in the series the book is winding down to the end of the story. And while the writer is keeping true to putting their characters through the wringer, I have to say this book is a little confusing. I don’t mean the writing is not good, it is extremely good. What I am saying is the book is written in the point of view of the first person, Georgina, the succubus. The turn of the book is where she is captured and tortured. While the torture is going on which the writer lets us into, there is a lot of stuff going on in the background that we only get a glimpse of. The premise of the book is that while the torture is going on Georgina will not be able to tell truth from lies. As the reader we can’t either. Since we have a little of Georgina long life background from subsequent books, in this book when she is meant to re-live all of her mistakes and worst things in her life, that tears her apart, we as the reader, trust me feel for her, and yet can’t distinguish the truth and lies either.

Normally I read a book at least twice. I have read this one only once this time before I started writing about it here. I will read it again, maybe on the second reading I can get a better sense of what the writer is trying to accomplish.

What do you think about the oil spill?
This is something that is making me sick. Every time I get an update on the news or somewhere else, I get frustrated. I know you feel the same. While our government and BP are trying to get their heads together to fix it, what is happening in the rest of the world? What I mean is, when there is a disaster somewhere else in the world. We, America, our government and the people pull our resources and money together and help. Have you seen or heard of any other country stepping up to the plate to help us in this situation? I haven’t.

No one can tell what the long term consequences of this disaster is going to be, but I can see it will affect others, including some other industries. I just find it funny, sarcastic funny, that when others need help America helps, but when we need it, no one helps us. (What do you think? Am I wrong? Tell me about it so I and others can learn more.)

Question:
Has anyone seen the movie, “Letters to Juliet” yet? If you have how was it? I want to see it so badly. But when you do comment please don’t tell me the ending. I still may get a chance to go. Thanks

Have you read any good books lately? Can you recommend another fiction story or author?

Update on Weight:
Well I started back at Zumba, I missed everyone, and they told me they missed me. I had a good time again as usual. The instructor, Lisa, had some new interesting moves and more work with the weights. She works us very hard. I came home tired and sweaty. But I’ve had a headache for three days that will not go away. I am not sure if it is sinuses or something else. It hurts though.

When I had dinner I had a big bowl of green beans and Balsamic marinated chicken. I should have had strawberries for desert but had two pieces of toast instead. Oh well, next time I will have the fruit. (Hitting my hand now in punishment, “bad girl”.)
 Update on Writing:
Once again I am having fear of how I am going to finish the book. This is my first book and the biggest project I have ever done. I keep having fear problems. The good news is I’m about to stop all TV and reading to get it down. I owe it to my characters to finish their story.

Would anyone like me to introduce my characters to the blog? I am thinking about it. Just a small write up on each of them. Let me know.

One last piece of news: Well it not good news for me.
The man who owes the house I reside in has sold it. Now I have a new owner who has just informed me I have to move in a few months. The old owner put in a few months into the agreement with the new owner to protect me and give me enough time to move. (That is very sweet.) So now I have to find a new place to live for me and my cats.

What do you think and feel? Is there anything that you want to talk about or discuss? Or anything that you want to say about what I wrote. Share, laugh, cry, love, and bond with other women. Join in the discussion. Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment