Thursday, January 27, 2011

Update on Being a FLY Girl.


FlyLady is a website designed to help people de-clutter and gain control over their lives.  This is a reoccurring blog.  To find out more about FLYLady click here: www.flylady.net

Yesterday was 27 boogie day, which mean you take 27 things you don’t use or want in one room or all of them and either throw or give them away.  In my bedroom I have some boxes by one of my dressers that still haven’t been unpacked.  I figured if I didn’t  use any of the stuff while I lived here why not look through them and see what I don’t need.  Sure enough I took most of the stuff out and put them in a bag. 

I also had put aside some books that I unpacked long ago and just hasn’t had the time to give away.  I packed those and put both by the front door.  I will take them to one of two thrift stores that I know. 

I feel lighter already. 

I also wiped down the bathroom.  One of the cats threw up a spit ball on the sink, so I really didn’t have a choice.  Ha Ha.   Thanks to the cat for making me keep clean. 

I will do more of the 27 boogie today in preparation for tomorrow’s trip.  I can’t wait to get rid of all this junk I gathered. 

Do you have a lot of junk you don’t use or need?  Look around.  I bet there is a lot.    Do the 27 boogie along with the rest of us flyers and clean out that clutter.  Your life will be much better, stress free, clutter free, healthier and happier.    Plus there are many who could use the things that we don’t need.  How many people can you help? 
Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment