Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Have you found peace yet?

I want to start something new on the blog.  My blog is about woman’s issues.  Sometimes I stray from that and put some of the things that happen in my life. I don’t want to put only bad things for women to watch out for.  This posting is about meditation and finding that inner peace.  Helping women take control of their lives.  

Finding peace in a world like ours is tough.  Think about what may make you happy.   Is it money, things, people, places, traveling, your job, your children, your pets or anything else? 

Out of everything that we have to do, such as keeping our bodies well, working to shelter us, keeping the house clean, paying bills, caring for our children or older generation, etc…

Are you happy?  I’m sure most of the time you are, especially if you found your passion as I have in writing.  But there are times when the unhappiness evades into our lives.   What do we do in times like these?  In looking everywhere else for happiness the best place to look in within.  Look within.  How will I find happiness there? 

Have you ever tired to meditate, to calm those thoughts of restlessness, to connect to the inner quietness? 

There is great peace in calming those thoughts.  Have you ever tired to stop those thoughts that spiral within your mind?  It’s those spiraling thought that can be devastating.  Are you award that you don’t have control over those thoughts?  Did you know that those thoughts have a mind of their own and those thoughts actually attack your body? 

Here is an experiment.  When something is bothering you, try to take control of those thoughts and stop them.  Say to yourself thank you but no thank you.  I don’t want to think about it for now.  Were you able to stop those thoughts or did you keep thinking about them, feeling terrible, your heart hurts, your body cramping up in turmoil.  You may have to tell yourself several times to stop thinking those terrible thoughts.  Do it until you stop and move onto something different.  Something that makes you feels good. 

Here is the hard part.  Don’t under any circumstances go eat.  Bad.  Using food to fill an emotion is not good.  This is something that I have to work at everyday.  Sing, dance, watch a funny movie, read a good book, look at some baby animals, do anything that will change what you were thinking and feeling.

Believe it or not, as a person who meditates regularly and feels the inner calmness I have found peace during those times.  Calming those thoughts is very difficult; it takes diligent practice and patience. 

Here is another experiment.  Try to meditate for a moment.  Breathe, calm yourself and just breathe.  Take a breath, a large breath, hold it in your chest for a count of five then breathe out slowly.  Do that several times.  How do you feel?  Did you get the first glimpse of peace? 

Do that everyday as much as you can and as often as you can and the peace that is within will make a great difference in your life. 

What have I learned while meditating? I’ve learned to have better control over my mind and the spiraling thoughts that float around.   I learned how to stop that incessant chatter that tells me I’m no good, that I heard for years from others, and to change my thoughts in new directions.  It has made a difference in my life.  No longer am I plagued with re-living hurtful times or arguments, trauma that happened to me long ago.  I live for today and in the present.  I continuously try to keep my mind clear of all garbage from outside and inside forces to undermine my happiness.  It is something I work at everyday. 

 Sometimes the inner thoughts can be worse that anything anyone else says about you.  You are loved and are perfect.  Love yourself first, and then you can love others.  More to come on this subject soon, there is much to cover.  Until next time

Photos by pictures.com. If a photo on the site is your and you do not wish me to use it tell me and it will be removed immediately.  

No comments:

Post a Comment