Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Back at Zumba Exercise Classes

I stopped everything extra I was doing during this last month of November to participate in the NaNoWriMo.  What is NaNoWriMo.  It is National Novel Writing Month.  To participate is to write 50,000 words in one month.   I was able to do that, but I put all my other interest aside to do it.  One of them was Zumba.   Between the Holiday and the New Years and getting back into my life, Zumba had to wait, until last night. 

I went to the class and saw a bunch of girls and a few guys getting ready.  It was wonderful to see everyone, and the crowd was huge.  My body was thrilled and couldn’t wait to start the exercise.   It was so weird, my body was elated.  Me, I was worried if I was going to be able to do the entire hour.    I didn’t have to worry.  My body kept up and we had a great time.

I promised my body I would get back for good and also to eat better.  Eating better is a whole different subject.  I am getting back to eating better but it is slow.  I have to re-do old habits and some of them I don’t want to give up. 

To re-cap on all the new years resolutions and my plan to accomplish them. 


  1. Getting back to exercise.  Started Zumba classes again.
  2. Eating better.
  3. Reading a book a week or more.  For the 2011 Book Challenge. 
  4. Started working on Three Ordinary Lives, my blog storyline.  Adding new dimensions to it. 
  5. Started the revisions on the manuscript.  Doing it as often as I can.
  6. Mediating every day.   
  7. Doing a journal of my progress. 
  8. Continue paying on my bills to reduce my debts.  This is something everyone can do. 

I’m going to post more on my plan to accomplish my goals soon.  Some of them are on a more personal level. 

To accomplish your New Years resolutions, and they are good ones, you must have a plan.  Have you thought of how you are going to accomplish them?  What will you give up in order to do that? 

v        Make sure you keep track by starting with smaller goals.
v        Make the reachable.
v        Take one baby step at a time. 
v        Always love yourself. 

Good luck and see how well you do over time.  Come on it will be fun.  Learning, growing, becoming the best you can be.   Join in the fun and bond with other women by sharing your stories.  Get encouragement, don’t be afraid to fail, just start again.   Until next time.   



All photos by pictures.com. 
   

2 comments:

  1. I know exactly what you mean about a lot of this. I hadn't been to zumba in a while either and I was surprised to see that it wasn't as hard as I'd expected it to be after a few weeks off (of course I came in 15 minutes late :D ).

    Anyway, I can relate with you about eating habits for sure. I paid no attention during Christmas (not that I regret that, it was Christmas!) but for 2 weeks straight if I wanted a cookie, I ate it and I didn't think twice. Last week was the first week that I started trying to eat better again and I noticed that it was hard because just because I "feel like" eating this or that doesn't mean that I should. I have to give myself time to stop and think first.

    Good post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rhonda Here: Thanks for the comment Miranda. I did see you way in the back by the way. You left before I could say Hi.

    I feel the same way. I try but it was Christmas. Now I need to make better choices. But sometime I will take a moment and have something I want. Ha Ha.

    See you in Zumba class.

    ReplyDelete