Monday, January 10, 2011

Braveheart the Warrior: January 7, 2011

Braveheart is my rescued kitty.  I found him and took him home one month before I was to move out of my beautiful apartment.  He is doing great and being a sweetheart as usual.  You should see him, he is lean and beautiful.  Only about six months old, which means I have to get him fixed.  He has decided to spray in a few places.  There is no mistaking that smell. 

He has a new thing that is quite funny.  During the cold season I have been leaving the bathroom door open when I shower because the room gets too hot with the heater and the steam of the water.  After turning the water off and opening the shower door all the cats are looking at me curiously.  As I to ask why I would deliberately put water on myself.   (Disgusting.) 

Then I clamber out of the shower to wipe off, Bravehart usually is the first to come rubbing against my wet legs.  As the water is dripping off me and onto him I talk to him.  Sometime he even jumps into the shower itself to check it out.  I peak to see what his is so curious about.  He shakes off the water from his paws.  Then he comes out and is off running and getting into whatever he decides at the moment. 

Today however he actually jumped into the shower with me before I got out to dry off.  I was quite surprised.  He went to the faucet and took a quick drink by the drain then jumped out.  He gets bolder every day, I guess by now he is getting use to the shower itself. 

I love all of the cats’ curiosity and how they deal with life.  Of course their life is pretty cushy since I spoil them so much.  I buy toys and treats and play with them.  They have each other for companionship when I’m away at work.  They sleep and play.  I work to pay for their food, treats, toys and kitty litter.   It ain’t cheep. 

Their latest toy, a stuffed mouse that makes a squeak whenever you touch it.  

Monday Jan 10, 2011
Braveheart was seen peaking at me through the shower door this morning.  I could see his shake and eyes watching me.  After the shower he stepped in and I watched as he tried to get the drops with his mouth, which was leaking from the faucet.  He is so funny.  After a little bit of getting wet he decided not to go that route to get water. 

Oh the joys of having a cute animal in the house.  It never gets boring with them around.  Until next time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment