Friday, September 17, 2010

Miracles Can Happen.


A few posts back I had a profound instinct to get back to my diet and eat better, especial after everything that I went through about four months ago.  The last two months have been better, but I knew I needed to make a change.  I prayed about it and received a very interesting answer.

Of all the crazy things to happen, as soon as I tell myself to stop eating greasy foods and start eating better, my body kicks in and says forget it.  While eating the fried chicken everyday, I asked myself why repeatedly? 
  “Why would you eat this knowing that it makes you feel bad, that it’s not good for your cholesterol, and the fat will go straight to your already bloated stomach?  Why would you do this?”

 


I just kept asking myself, every time I ate incorrectly.  There is a saying amongst the religious.  If you ask a question enough you will receive an answer.  It just may not be in words but you will receive and answer.
The last two times I ate the greasy fried chicken, I noticed a few things such as the chicken didn’t taste as good, and it was filled with gross fat, amongst other things.  There was my answer.  I was totally turned off about eating the chicken, then about eating anything that was not healthy.  It was a miracle I guess.  Since the realization of how gross the fried chicken was I have not had a taste for it.  I used to get salads at the same place.  But I decided that if I wanted a salad, why not make it the way that I wanted, with the ingredients I have right in my kitchen. 

Today for lunch I have a wonderful salad, with turkey sausage, and assorted dried fruit and nuts for snacks.  This weekend I’ll make sure I have plenty of fruits and vegetable to munch on for next week. 

 

Thank goodness for small miracles.  Well, actually big ones, when you think about it, I had been asking the question WHY for about 6 months.   Now that I have the answer I feel more confident than ever about my health and weight.  I’ll keep you updated.  

If you have a question about anything such as WHY, don’t be afraid to ask it.  Just keep asking until you get the answer you need, but be prepared; the answer may not come in the way you think. 

Do you have a similar story to tell?  Share, laugh, love, cry, grow and bond with other women, you never know if an answer might be within the story of another.  Until next time.   

All pictures are from picture.com http://pictures.com/  If your don't want a picture on her let me know and I will remove it immediately. 

No comments:

Post a Comment