Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Back on Track

I couldn't not go anymore.  No more excuses, I used them all up.   After months of using all the excuses of moving, and injuries, rescuing kitten and every other excuse I could think off.  I faced the fact that I had to get back to exercise again.  The doctor told me too also.  *pouting*



One exercise that I love is Zumba.  So after work I brought my exercise clothes to change into, I went into the bathroom and while I was changing clothes I caught a look at my body in the full length mirror.  I don't have one at home.  Nothing sets a jolt through you like seeing a body that once was fit and tone now flabby.  My heart broke.  I stopped exercising and I ate my emotions again.   I learned a very valuable lesson last night, stay the course.  During all my trouble I managed to stay with writing.  Why didn't I do it with exercise?   I question myself for that.  


 What I mean is if I had stayed the course and kept up the exercise even in the face of all I had to go through, along with the writing, I might have been stronger not only physically but also mentally.  I feel like I let my self down.  I will never know how things might have changed or if they could have if I kept the exercise up.

My flabby body right now is a good symbolism of how I feel about my soul, mind and life. The only exception is the writing.   



What if I had kept up the exercise, would I feel like that now.  Would my body be better, stronger, toner?  Will my mind be better equipped to fight through my writing lessons.  Learning how to write, to be critiqued and write again.  It's like learning how to walk as an infant.  Children get back up and try again.  Sometime adults don't.   They lost that fight.



One thing I had forgotten was the really cool group of girls that attend the class.  There were a few new faces but the same regulars who gave me a hard time.  I guess the excuses are gone, I told them.  I'm a regular again. 

I feel up to the challenge of my writing now at present but would I have been even more determined?   I will never know.  All I know is that now I am determined to get back on track with my health, fitness and physical strength in addition to my mental strength.  This is the best time of my life.  Updates coming soon.

No matter what is going on in your life.  A good diet, exercise and something that you love, that makes you feel passionate about, stick with it, even in the hard time.  Be the best you can be.

All Pictures by pictures.com  If you wish one of these pictures removed let me know and they will be removed immediately.  Rm

No comments:

Post a Comment