Monday, August 23, 2010

Seeing Stars:

Pat Benatar, famous singer and rock star was at Borders Books this last weekend promoting her book “Between a Heart and a Rock Place.” I heard she was going to be in town so I stopped off to see her. Unfortunately I didn’t purchase her book. There was a long winding line of people around the store to see her and have her sign their book. I asked one of the bookstore employees if they had a chance to meet her. They said she was on a tight schedule because she had a concert later that evening.

I walked around searching for a book I wanted and went past the area twice.  I saw her in a petite black tight fitting pantsuit with shoulder length hair and bangs. She was surrounded by several security guards and a publicist. She smiled and talked briefly with excited customers’ holding her book. Her music played in the back ground. Borders Books did an awesome job in playing her up. Of course she didn’t really need it.

I was thrilled to see the sight. At how tiny and beautiful she was. What struck me most was her charisma and smile. It was plain to see the raw talent rolling off her. I only had a few glimpses but they are etched in my memory.  Click here to find out more about her book and to hear Pat discussing her memoirs.  Pat Benatar's Book

Braveheart the Warrior: Update.
My little Braveheart is not so little any more. However he is still a cutie. Yesterday while watching a movie Braveheart jumped up next to me on the couch. I was aware of him but riveted on the movie. “Hidalgo” with Viggo Mortenson. (Very good movie by the way. True story.)

Braveheart sort of looked at me then jumped up on the back of the couch and promptly laid his body across my back. I heard him purring in my ear and felt his warmth.  I allowed him to stay that way for a little bit then picked him up and laid him down beside me. He was on his back with his arms sticking out. He was so funny, I just couldn’t help it. I snapped a picture.

Talk about comfortable!

As you can see he's not the little chubby kitten anymore.  His body is long and sleek.  Right now all four cats and I are giving him a lesson about boundaries.  He loves to pounce on us and bite with very sharp teeth.   He is learning but he's still a youngster. 

One last thing: 
I am another day older today.   I have been having fun with my Facebook friends cute messages of well wishes and Birthday kisses.   Thank you for the good will. 

Share, love, laugh, cry, grow and bond with other.  May your days be as bright at the sun and may you find your happiness.  Until next time. 


No comments:

Post a Comment