Monday, August 9, 2010

From Shocked to Recovery:

For those of you that is new to my blog. I just moved from a beautiful apartment, that was on the market and sold, to a friends old run down, creaky, mice running around, bugs flying everywhere, no screens on the windows, well you get the idea, place. I didn’t have a lot of options and neither did my friend when we decided on this move. I had to move quickly.

It’s sad to say that my friend loved the place that I moved into and is moving into a property that she is fixing up, but doesn’t like. Both of us work in property management. She’s an owner and I’m in the profession as a support for a company.

To say that I was in shocked at the new place was an understatement. After spending one full week there I am over the shock but not over the problems dealing with it. Such as the kitchen is completely inefficient, not to mention filthy. There are no linen closets or space to store anything. As I mention in the last paragraph, there are no screens on any of the windows so I cannot get any fresh air flowing through the apartment. I feel like a hermit. My poor cats, all 4 of them, they are dealing with this better than I am. Although I did get a couple of treasures on my bed, dead mice prominently displayed for me to find. I have to hand it to my cats, they are good hunters. They have eaten most of the bug flying around and of course the mice. The old place I could open the windows and they could look out and see the world and get fresh air, but now it’s dark and no air. (Ugh!)

I went to the Laundromat to do a load of clothes. I refuse to go down to the basement to do laundry. I don’t trust that washer and dryer or the basement for that matter. I will not allow my cats to have access either. The washer was dirty and the dryer is filled with clothes my girlfriend forgot. I won’t touch them.

Do you think I am being all weird about this? One of my pet peeves is cleaning someone else’s filth. When I get tired of looking at it, I swallow my pride and will dig in and clean it but I don’t like it. (So There!!) Anyway enough of that subject. I’m getting a headache.

Exciting News:
Last Friday I went to Borders Books, my favorite place to go, and met a new author Harry Dolan. He was promoting his first novel “Bad Things Happen”. I got to meet and talk with him. He’s been traveling around the country talking and meeting people. He was nice and genuine. I bought his book and he personalized it. “WOW.” I’m on the third chapter and it’s good so far. If you get a chance, read it.

Update on Braveheart the Warrior:
Talk about brave. Braveheart has been a trouper through this whole process of moving. The other three cats have been with me before while moving, so they were used to it, well sort of, as much as moving to a new place for an animal could be. They were very good. Braveheart was actually better because he didn’t care about the uncomfortable feeling of a new place. He just wanted to play, and play he did. A few times I was on a couch that was left there, reading. I can feel Braveheart near me stalking when all of the sudden he jumps on top of my book in a effort to get at my hands to play. Sometime he would craw across my shoulders and nuzzles my neck then jumps down onto my lap then again attack my hands.

I just roll my eyes. It doesn’t take him long to be on his way with something else that captures his attention. A few times he stopped by and sat in my lap and actually fell asleep. Those are the most rewarding, when he give love back.

I was so stressed out last week it was a wonder I even had a personality. How I survived I don’t know. Well now I seem to be back to normal, sort of, with smiles and friendliness.

Hopefully you had a great week. If you want to discuss an issue or have gone through something that is similar, which I am sure you have. Please tell us about it and bond with others. It’s nice to know that we are not alone. Share, laugh, cry, grow and bond with others. Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment