Friday, August 13, 2010

Everything New: Update on the move.

For those of you that is new to my blog. I had to move because the property that I lived in sold and the new owner wanted to live in my apartment. I reluctantly moved into a friend’s home. She moved into another one of her properties that needs to be fixed up.

I have lived in my new place for almost two weeks now. It took me one week to get used to it. Now I am very slowly putting stuff away, even though it pains me to do so, after I clean it and ensure that it is safe. (Ha Ha). My old apartment was perfection. Beautiful big kitchen with full cabinets, hardwood floors, new windows etc… Now I live in a place that needs a lot of fixing up, but it is cheaper. For every box that I open and put stuff away I am becoming more aware that I am to stay here.

Don’t get me wrong the new place is nice. It’s just not a nice as my old apartment.

What’s New:
I visited my girlfriend that I’ve known for years. She lives in a beautiful house. When she first arrived there, it was just as bad as the one I live in. Sitting in her kitchen I noticed she has the same small cupboards I have and she made the most of them. She also little by little made her home to be a reflection of the beauty that she is. I have resigned myself to do that, to make my home a place that I can be proud of. Nothing is perfect in this world and as much as I dream and wish I could stay where I was, I must move on.

Update on Braveheart the Warrior:
My little baby kitten I rescued is growing bigger than ever. He is very funny, inquisitive, smart, but my other cats are teaching him to behave and learn to live with all of us. They did embrace him and he has a relationship with each of them.

I must give kudos to my cats. Where I live it is not uncommon for mice to run around in the houses. My cats are very good hunters. I have had four dead mice treasures left for me to discover. I give them praise when they do that. It hones their skills and keeps them entertained and I have peace knowing I don’t have mice crawling around.

Update on Writing:
I am still working on my blog storyline. I have a new friend who is helping me with critiquing my story. With her help it has become better but it is taking longer than I had anticipated. I am working on three advanced stories for “Three Ordinary Lives.” I will re-post the first episode with the revisions and hopefully my writing and story will be more exciting. Thanks for your patience.

My new friend I met during my Greater Cleveland Writers Group. She and I are going to partner a critiquing group together. We are working on the name and what we want to accomplish for ourselves and the group. This is a very exciting time for us.

I am still working on my craft of writing. I am reviewing and going over each chapter of the books I bought at the bookstore from Writers Digest Elements of Fiction Writing Series, Conflict, Action and Suspense by William Noble and Characters and Viewpoint by Orson scott Card.  In my sparest of spare time I work on Grammar, or vocabulary words from the workbook “Defining Twilight” by Brian Leaf, M.A. plus much more.

Slowly I am learning to write and I love every minute of it. When you find your place in the world, you never feel like its work, it just fun.

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment