Wednesday, August 18, 2010

The Joy of a Laundromat:

What do you think of a Laundromat? I went this last Sunday. After placing 16 quarters into a 2 loader washer, because most of the regular washers were out of order, I found that my washer didn’t spin during the final spin and my clothes were sopping wet.

I asked the attendant, “What do I do?"  She says. “Just put them in a dryer.” Not knowing what to do I placed my extremely wet clothes in one of the dryers. After a few minutes I realized this method is not going to work. They were flopping all over the place and the window of the dryer was soaked.

I took out the wet clothes, went to the sink and rung them out one by one. I got a blister on my left thumb then the blister popped, it wasn’t fun. My hands, thumbs, wrists hurt. Not only that, I was as wet as my clothes were. The sweat was pouring off of me. Next I placed the newly rung clothes in two separate dryers.

At that moment I was disgusted with the attendant. When I told her about the machine not spinning she did absolutely nothing. No offer to give me another chance to re-do my clothes. No reimbursement, no sympathy, nothing.

The amount of time to dry the clothes was astounding. Finely they dried and I was able to go home but I was wiped out. I got to thinking about my experience at the lovely Laundromat. I haven’t gone to one in years because I’ve had a washer and dryer at home. Now I remember how much of a pain it is.


Update on Braveheart The Warrior:
Sweet, energizer bunny Braveheart, the pest of the house, and I mean that in a loving way. He’s sick. I could see his right eye was bothering him. When he sat on my lap the other day he was quite warm. I felt the other cats and there was a difference. Then last night he sneezed a few times.
I brought him to the animal doctor this morning and sure enough his eye, the same one as last time, needed more medicine. He also has a cold. I’m glad I took him.

After we returned home he was off giving my other cats an earful of his visit to the doctors. I could hear it now.

“Oh man there was a ton of dogs in there. I was watching them from my carrier, the one that mom put me in. There was big ones, small one, fat ones, and black ones etc… I was nervous. But then I was seen by the doctor and they gave me cat treats. You don’t get any. Ha ha.”

That visit cost me a pretty penny, but my little Braveheart is worth it. Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment