Monday, February 7, 2011

The Peace Within: A life with Meditation.

There are many teachers with far more credentials in mediation than I.   I can only speak though my experiences of peace, guidance and love from my angels. 

When I sit down to meditate each day I look forward to that solace.  Like when you come home from a long trip.  It feel good to be surrounded by your things, you can take your coat and hat off, throw your shoes in the corner and relax on the couch.  

That’s what it is like for me.  When I calm myself and my mind from all the troubles of the day.   I let go of all my tensions and feel.  The feeling is indescribable.  But at the same time I feel connected to my soul.  That part of me that was so lost before is holding me like a child. 

To learn how to meditate is a worthwhile occupation yet one of the most difficult.  The outside world will forever be laced with turmoil but inside can be full of peace, guidance and love.  You will never know what astonishing thing you can accomplish by going within.  Nor can you understand what joy awaits you by doing so. 

Start your journey by calming those thoughts even for a moment. Try it.  See for yourself.  Experience something that is so beautiful, all the beauty of the world will pale in comparison. 

Close your eyes and take a deep breath, then another, and then another, calming down with each breath.  Upon the final exhalation just stay without the breath for as long as you can.  Don’t think, just feel.  Can you feel your heartbeat?  Listen to the rhythm of you body.  The heart.  The blood flowing.  When you need to take another breath, take it, and several more, then upon the final exhalation just feel the body again.   Try not to think during this.  Drop all thoughts.  Just breathe and listen to your heartbeats and body rhythm.

Do this often.  Then find a meditation teacher or group and learn more.   

Star Trek talked of the final frontier as being space travel.  I say the final frontier is inner travel.  The vast knowledge within contains all the knowledge we as a species could ever explore in space, and a lot more, even more then the human mind can contain or imagine.  Until next time. 

All photos are from pictures.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment