Thursday, February 10, 2011

I’m trying to get some work done please.

There is a good reason why writers go to the Library or the local Coffee House to write instead of writing home.  Because at home with children or say, four cats, that interrupt you so often it is hard to get anything done.  This morning I am working on a writing exercise, one that I have had trouble with for days, and as you guess it.  The cats are interrupting me at every turn.  

They are jumping on the table where I am working poking around until I tell them to get off the table, I eat here you know, then another one is on the counter in the kitchen pushing something off the counter that is not down so they can play with it.   I stopped writing to pick up what they pushed off. 

Then another cat wants to take a drink, and looking at the bowl not sure if there is water put its paw on the edge and the next thing there is water everywhere, not to mention they knock over a few of the dishes of dry food that scatters over the kitchen floor getting soggy and ruined from the water.  That is money down the drain. 

After I take care of that, and get back to writing it doesn’t take long.  Braveheart is meowing loudly and spraying on the furniture.  I smell the pungent odor and have to get the OdorXit out and wash the area.  That is if I can find it. 

After a while the cats settle down, except one.  That one wants to sit on my lap.  Okay sit on my lap.  They cuddle and I type.  Only to have a loud noise scare both of us and cause the cat to dig sharp claws into my skin as they use my body to push off in their dash to get away.  I’m bleeding and in pain now. 

Another cat uses my furniture as a scratching post.  Two other cats start wrestling, making loud threatening noises and flopping around.  Then of course the dryer buzzes letting me know the clothes are dry and need folding.  I drop things, and then stub my toe.  “Ouch”

I throw my hands up in despair. What is a person supposed to do?  Next time I’m going to the coffee house.  (Sigh) Until Next Time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment