Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Meditation, Is this a Joke.

I received a comment on my post yesterday from an extremely young person.  They thought my article was a joke. 

I assure you meditation is not a joke.  At my age and after living through the amount of trauma I had in my life.  I have watched my entire life change over many years from the simple act of meditation. 

Countless books have been written about meditation and its benefits. 
Countless religions are based on it.  Exercise practices are based on it, such as Martial arts and Yoga.  It is real easy to say something is a joke when you haven’t been introduced to it or don’t know one thing regarding it.  Meditation has been around more than 5000 years. 

I challenge anyone who thinks this is a joke to meditate for 5 minutes everyday for 3 months.  Then tell me it’s a joke.  It you are not willing to do that simple thing...

There a many sentences I would like to add to that last part, however I cannot in good conscience put down another for ignorance. 

We all learn what is best for ourselves in our own time.  Hopefully you will find the joy and love you deserve, and may all your dreams come true.  That is my prayer for all.  Until next time.  

Picture from picture.com

No comments:

Post a Comment