Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Girls Zumba Night Out.


What is Zumba you ask.  Zumba is the funest exercise around.  Just ask the women who are addicted to it.  Zumba does Salsa and Belly dance moves among other Latin moves and put them into a wonderful exercise program.  It’s fun, fast and challenging.  I love it. 

Once a month our group schedules a Zumba night at a local club, to promote it and to get another day of exercise in, and to visit everyone outside of the exercise arena.   We bring food for everyone if they wish, along with a can to donate to the homeless.  This month we had four Zumba instructors who participated and we had a lot of ladies shaking what they got on that floor, we were all having a blast. 


It was my first time and it was great.  I’m really a home body, but since I got involved with Zumba again I thought I would give it a try.  The club was large and was filled with a lot of Zumba ladies from four different instructors.   The time was from 6:00pm until 10:00pm.  We did a lot of Zumba.  

I arrived at 7:00 and immediately got into the program and joined the others.  I was unfamiliar with this instructor but still was able to keep up.  Everyone was laughing, sweating, moving to the rhythm of the Latin beat.  I even saw a few men trying to do it in the corner, plus a few women.  The women said that it looked good and fun.  We told them to try it and become addicted, like the rest of us.  At one point we all paired into couples, girl couples to dance a certain step, which goes to show the Latin steps can be used for dancing.  

I stayed about one hour ate some delicious food and left for the evening.   Being my first and as memorable as it was I am sure this Zumba Night Out will not be my only one.    

Being involved with exercise or any kind of group is beneficial and special as long as you are passionate and gets you out of the house.  Zumba is only one of the things I am involved with.  Since I started writing I am involved with a writing group and I started a critiquing group, which I will talk about soon. 

Do you have a group that you want to share with us?  What is it about the group that makes you happy?  What have you learned that changed you and your life?  I believe it is important to have your own interest outside of our relationships and children.   The group doesn’t have to cost anything.  If you can’t find a group you need, them start one. 

If you started one and want to share it here, we can set up a link to your site.  Live the best life you can.  Share, laugh, cry, grow and bond with other women.   Take care. 

 All pictures by Pictures.com pictures.com  If you see a picture you want removed let me know and it will be removed immediately. 

No comments:

Post a Comment