Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Book Review: Bad Things Happen by Harry Dolan.


It was on a Saturday at Borders Books, my favorite store, that I met Harry Dolan.  He was the Author of the day for book signing and to meet the public.   I was getting ready to leave the store.  I had my books bought and paid for when I heard the announcement that Harry Dolan will be meeting with the public in 10 minutes. 

I had never heard of Mr. Harry Dolan before but I was excited because I was in a position to stay and meet a real live author that had his book published and I could hear his story and ask questions.  I debated a moment but decided to stay.  When will I ever get another chance like this? I was very glad I stayed. 

What I didn’t know was that I would be the only person in the audience that day.  I was nervous to meet him face to face but Mr. Dolan and his lovely girlfriend sat with me and we had a very nice conversation. 

I was very impressed.  Harry Dolan was very approachable.  He is very gentle and soft spoken, happy to talk about his work and once he found out I was a writer, he actually asked questions about me,    He asked what I was working on and we discussed being a writer and our favorite authors.   I really had a nice time.   I went and bought the book and he signed it for me.  My first and only author signed book.   (Yeah)

While I was at the store with Harry and after I purchased the book, I read the first chapter.  The first chapter set the pace for the rest of the book.  As with my usual reviews, I don’t say anything about the book plot.  I want you to read it for yourself, but I will say that I was guessing at who the killer was until the very end.  Harry did a fantastic job at all the twist and turns and kept the reader wondering until the final revelation.  Even then there was guessing.  

The other day I was in the book store again, getting more books, and stopped off in the small café to sit for a moment to take a look at the new books I just purchased.  Across from me was a woman looking at Harry Dolan’s book ‘Bad Things Happen.’  I resisted the urge to tell her to buy it because she already looked quite enthralled. 

I loved the book and look forward to other Harry Dolan books in the future.  Get yours today. 

To find out more about Harry Dolan and read the first two chapters of his book click here for his website. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment