Monday, October 25, 2010

The Diligent Writers Critiquing Group.

That’s the name of the group that I started.   I couldn’t find a critiquing group, so I decided to start one up.  It took courage because I’ve never done anything like it before.  I did an announcement with my other writing group.  I did get some response of interest.  The few that contacted me stayed in contact until we could find a location and then I came up with a date. 

We did have some trouble at first but we persevered. 

We had our first meeting on Saturday at a local restaurant.  I’m happy to say it went really good.  The group was a total of three.  We each had a few minutes to introduce ourselves and talk about our work in progress.   We exchanged ideas and websites, and then we each got a chance to read our work and get critiqued on it. 

I don’t know about the others but I appreciated their opinions and suggestions.     

We spent two hours of what I call fun.  It felt really good to be around fellow writers and the writing process.  How we get ideas, name our characters, and all kinds of other great stuff.  I met two new writers and like them already. 

I feel really glad that I started the group and hope that more writers come join us.   I think this is one of the best things I will have ever done.  Yeah me. 

If you have a critiquing group or another group that you started and wish to share, tell us about it.   Was it scary to start it and what did it take to get it started.  Your experience can help another to do something similar or the same.  Join in the discussion and share.  Grow, laugh and bond with others.  Take care. 


No comments:

Post a Comment