Monday, April 26, 2010

Reading, Writing and Movies

Had an interesting day yesterday, I explained that I was working on some developments for my book. I had been thinking about them for a bit. I was walking around my apartment doing things that needed to be done, but I was trying to remember the developments that were in my head. I was hoping I could finish up what I was doing and then go write them up. I got a strange feeling, a sort of yearning. I felt myself going for the cookies. Then a thought came into my head. I dropped everything and went directly into my office and began writing up my storyline. (I left the cookies out.)

Not just telling a story about what is happening, but showing it, using dialog and everything. I did 4 pages. I was on a roll. Then later I wrote some more. It was a part where I wasn’t sure I could do. I had been wondering about it for some time. Yesterday, I put caution to the wind and did it. (Yeah me.)

What sparked this on? I picked up a book from the Library that I put on order. The Weekend Novelist Re-writes the Novel, by Robert J.Ray. Well actually I put two on order. I was hoping to get the Weekend Novelist book first, but hay can’t help it.

Well I was reading the first chapter. (Usually I wait until I get the first one.) The book talked about re-writing. Well it explained not to go and rewrite what you already written yet, the main thing to work on first is your subplots.

It hit me like a ton of bricks. This was the missing piece of the puzzle. *Hits head with palm* I had been concentrating on the main characters so much that I forgot about the sub characters and what they were doing in the story.
(Now my creative juices are at work.)

I wrote something on Saturday and Sunday. Both days, can you believe it? It was a very productive weekend. And I am very excited about the new stuff I’m working on now. (Hay if anything I know I’m on the right tracks.)

Movies update:
I really enjoyed the movie Julie & Julia so much that I watched it again. The fun thing about watching a movie again is you pick up things that you didn’t the first time. Of course it was just as entertaining. Later I watched Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince. That was good, just not as good as the book.

Weight Update:
During the writing episodes and my cooking for the entire week, I ate all of the dark chocolate, cheese puffs and the cookies. *Pouting bottom lip*
But because Julie in the movie was such a good cook, it inspired me to do some of my famous, what I call, puttering around the kitchen and made some good meals for this week.

What I mean by puttering around the kitchen:
Well I don’t use recipes. Mostly because I usually don’t have the correct ingredients at the time I feel like cooking, so I take what I have already and try to make some dishes. Sometimes they come out great, sometimes not so good. I have been getting better since I first started learning how to cook. Back then I decided I needed to learn to cook because I got hungry. I used to pride myself on not being domesticated. But hunger pain is pain none the less. So now I am domesticated and a good cook.

A request:
This is a shout out to my readers. So far my voice is the only one. I have 2 followers and a few emails saying they love my work. If you read this please just give a quick shout out so I know I am not the only one writing and reading this.

While you’re at it, share an opinion about something in your life, but only if you wish. Let’s get the discussion started. What are you up to? What matters in your life? Anybody…

Share, laugh, love, cry, grow, and bond with other women. This is for you and it helps me. Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment