Thursday, April 22, 2010

Forcing One’s Fears: Update on Weight and Writing.

Writing: Wrote to an editor that I have on Facebook. He gave me some sound advice. He said to stop the inner talk and to just write. (He said a few other things but the main part I want to convey is the inner talk and just writing.)

I was debating where I was going to start; I haven’t written in so long I kind of forgot where I was in the book. So I thought about it a little bit. I know I have to have a love story between the two main characters I just didn’t know how. Then I started asking myself questions. How do they approach thing that happen. In doing this I realize that the characters will take a journey together when thing happen in the storyline. They will approach each thing differently and will bond during the events.
(Wow! I this is getting exciting.)

I also went back over my manuscript. Cutting and pasting the small passages that I had written out before, and getting rid of the ones that I double pasted in. I realize I had some missing parts. Now I am making plans on getting those missing parts together.

Now is the part I am most proud of. I spent 3 hours yesterday on my half day before going to work on the manuscript. I accomplished a lot. (So kudos to me.)

Weight: I started making sure that if I was going to eat something bad. I was going to eat the good stuff first then I won’t eat so much of the bad stuff. I will continue to work on my drug of choice. It is a constant struggle.

I did exercise at Zumba on Monday. And Wednesday I went bike riding around the area. It was a beautiful day, there were at least 6 other bikers riding the area just as me. I wanted to smile and wave but they didn’t acknowledge me. Oh well.
I still had a great time in the warm evening air, and I got my hear pumping quite a bit.

Other developments:
I had a falling out with my daughter. She and I used to have a good relationship until she married a man that is no good. To marry him is her choice and I will not say anything about it. However, he is isolating her. I know I am not imagining it because I talked with a women neighbor who helped my daughter before. This neighbor woman was the one who stated my daughters’ husband was not good to me without any prompting. Up until then I said nothing to anyone about him.

The neighbor heard my daughter’s husband yelling at my daughter and my grandson. All the other neighbors heard him, I’m finding out. I heard it because they were living in the upstairs on the duplex where I live, which is not a good idea by the way, to have family living that close to you. They moved away and now the new tenant, the owner, is very quiet. And we get along.

My daughter and I have been emailing each other back and forth and she is in myspace page connection. I read one of her blog journals and when I commented on it she flew off the hook and said she wanted nothing to do with me. Such is the life of a mother. Anytime we as mothers say anything to our children, they do not like to listen. So, Okay you don’t want me around me. {This is to my daughter. The next time you put your hand out to me to help you pay a bill, maybe I won’t be available to you.} Think about that.

Wow I needed to get that out. It irks me when grown children want everything but they are unwilling to work for it.

All are welcome to comment even men if you wish. Remember you do not have to be a member to comment and join in the discussion. Share, love, laugh, cry, grow and bond with other women. Until next time.


No comments:

Post a Comment