Thursday, April 7, 2011

Braveheart the Warrior: The Continuation of the story.


Braveheart
Braveheart is a kitten I rescued last July, although he is hardly a kitten now.  I found him, took him in, fed him, made him apart of my family along with the other three cats I rescued. 

The day before he was due to get fixed, I put him in a bedroom so he wouldn’t have access to food or water prior to the surgery.  Well that didn’t go well.  He attacked me; I had blood from scratches on my face, one of them extremely close to my eye.  He didn’t like being in that room apparently.  So I had no choice but to put him outside.  Doing this broke my heart.  I prayed I would get a glimpse of him to at least know that he was okay.  The weather here hasn’t been good and he was up until that moment a house cat.  I was worried about him.  

Today as I was getting ready to go to the street, to access my house you must drive through an alleyway.  Just as I was going to the street from the alleyway I saw him.  I stopped the car immediately and approached.

Braveheart was eating grass.  I knew he was hungry, so I talked to him quietly, letting him know I still cared about him.  He was cautious at first but let me come closer.  Then he started to meow vigorously.  I came a little closer.  He meowed louder.  I put my hand out and he came to me.  It wasn’t until he smelled my hand and let me pet him that he became loving, rubbing my hand, legs and going around me as much as he could to get my attention meanwhile meowing his need.

When he left it was my hope that I could feed him and help him with the transition of being outside and hunting.  At the time he was more worried that I would bring him back in the house. 

I got up and encouraged him to follow.  He did.  All the way to the front door stopping to have the neighbor pug named Scooby smell him but Braveheart was determined to get food.  I opened the door and he tried to get back in the house.  I can’t let him do that, so reluctantly I closed the door, ran and got a bowl of cat food and brought it outside.  I didn’t see him at first, so I called.  He meowed real loud.  My heart leapt that he was still close, so I held the bowl of cat food up and jiggled it so he could hear it.  He came running.  I put the bowl down on the porch.  Poor Braveheart almost dumped the bowl he was so hungry.  He attacked it with vigor.  I ran into the house to get some water.   I put the water down next to him, he stopped briefly to smell the water but he was too hungry to think about it.

I didn’t pet him or anything.  These minutes were very precarious, I left the car in the alleyway with my purse and belonging inside, in order to help him.  Someone could come down that alleyway and get mad, steal my purse or, anything could have happened, but my mind was on helping my Braveheart.  Knowing he was okay for the moment I left him to his food. 

Maybe we can have an understanding about his future.   He can come by and get food and water each morning and I get to know that he is okay and still love him.

He might go for that.  If in the future I get the money to have him fixed and he will allow it I might be able to do that but for the moment I am happy that he is okay and fed.

Until next time.   

No comments:

Post a Comment