Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Book Review: Little Bee by Chris Cleave

The Back Cover Reads:
This is the story of two women.  Their lives collide one fateful day, and one of them has to make a terrible choice, the kind of choice we hope you never have to face.  Two years later, they meet again—the story starts here…

Once you have read it, you’ll want to tell your friends about it.  When you do, please don’t tell them what happens.  The magic is in how the story unfolds.

This is my first time reading this author.  The story of the two women is based on reality, even though the characters are fictional.   I really liked both women, what they went through, and their dilemma.  I was caught up in there lives.

I will say right out I didn’t like the ending, only because I like reading ending where everyone is happy.  (Unrealistic I know.) This book is based on the real world.  That doesn’t mean that the book is not good.  It is absolutely good, well written and moving.  I couldn’t stop reading it.

Chris Cleave is the author of Incendiary which is another book I will have to check out.  Anyway read Little Bee, you will not be disappointed.

To find out more about Chris Cleave here:  chriscleave.com



Until Next Time

No comments:

Post a Comment