Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Little Fingers in My Coffee: The Story Continues

Gnomes are after my Iced Coffee again. A Loud Slurp “Ahhhh” I took another sip of the delicious flavor of Iced coffee, Mocha.  I placed a mark on the glass in permanent marker.  “Those Gnomes will not get the best of me.  I will catch them at it, if it’s the last thing I do.” 

A Delicate sip. “Yes. I love you.” My new habit each morning, I’m savoring each taste.  I place another marker on the glass as the liquid level goes down. 

I’ll get those gnomes.  If they try to drink my coffee I will find out and pulverize them.  Oh look at it.  It’s a thing of beauty. Mine.  I can’t take it any more.  “Ahhhh” another sip.  And another.  “Yum.”  I mark the glass again.

Okay I’m going to test them now. Bathroom break, I grab a book for a bit of light reading, well at least one page.  Leaving the beverage by my computer, I make my leave.  When I come back, Hah, the mark is still where the last level of liquid was.  My brows bunch in confusion. 

Oh darn those gnomes are wise to me just as I am wise to them.  They found out that I found out about them.  They’re hiding, maybe even went to another office.  Wait have I heard any scampering of small feet around my desk, or the whispered cackle of their laughter today?  They are playing me?  I’m sure of it, but if I know them, when I least expect it, they will be back to drink my scrumptious iced frappuccino.   I can’t allow that.  Not ever. 

“What,” Oh the disappointment.  My bottom lip protrudes out in a pout.  I drank the last of the sweet flavor.  I want more, must have more.  Let’s see during lunch I will quick drive and pick up another, or maybe at break it will be sooner.  Wait do I have any money?  

Until Next Time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment