Thursday, March 10, 2011

Starting Zumba Exercise Classes again:

I have been doing Zumba for several years and stopped for a little bit and now I’m getting back into it.  I attended the class on Monday even though I am posting this today. 

Monday, I attended the Zumba exercise class again at our local recreation center.  Yes I stopped for a while, it’s hard to do Zumba and shovel piles of snow each day, but started up again because the snow stopped.  The class was huge.  There were a lot of new people, at least one hundred women and a few men.  The men were in the back but doing a great job keeping up. 

The exercises were different from before but the movements were the same.  I was able to keep up, and I then remembered how much I loved Zumba.  I really missed it, the music, the fun, the work out itself and of course the women.  I had put it aside because of shoveling snow during the winter and I wanted to put more time into writing, but exercise is one thing I must do, for my health, well being and happiness. 

Before the group started an announcement was done by a man.  He talked about a 90 day challenge, and pointed to the back of the room, where the girls can sign up for a challenge to lose weight. 

I looked to the place where he pointed and sure enough there was a table all set up with a power drink and they were giving away samples and I’m sure signing people up. 

Anyway we have a great Zumba teacher and the hour went fast.  Afterwards we were all sweating and breathing hard.  Since I haven’t been in a while I will make sure to connect with the other women in subsequent classes. 

Check your local recreation center and see what they have available for exercise.  If not Zumba then maybe another exercise program.  Support your local recreation centers by attending classes or sending your children to many of the wonderful programs they have available.   Or start a hobby class and have it at the center.  You never know what great things can happen and how many wonderful people you will meet and how much it will enrich your or your children’s life.   Until next time. 

The picture from pictures.com

No comments:

Post a Comment