Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Braveheart is going to the vets tomorrow:

Braveheart is a rescued kitty that I saved last July, well he is going to the vets to be neutered tomorrow.  He is spraying all over the house.   The heavy musk smell is overwhelming, and driving me crazy.  As soon as I clean it up he sprays again.  Not to mention he is driving my poor girl cat, Juliet, who has been fixed, crazy.   She hisses at him and drives him away.  He has been fighting with another boy cat I have, Romeo.  In fact he is fighting with everyone and sometimes will even attack me.   I think it is time to get him fixed and have him calm down. 

Here is the before and after pictures.   
Braveheart a few weeks after I rescued him.

Recent picture of Braveheart.  He looks so innocent?
Trust me there are times when he is the sweetest thing, like when I take a shower and just as I finish and get ready to step out, I open the shower door, Braveheart hurriedly steps up to the edge of the shower looking up at me, I bend down to pet him and he takes his paw and reaching out lightly brushes my face and meowing.  It is precious moments that he repeats almost daily.   He likes to get up on the counter while I dry off and get ready for my day.  I admit I enjoy this time with him. 

Then there are times when he cuddles with me.  (Of course I encourage him to cuddle with me often, in which he acts like I’m killing him.) During the cuddling on my lap I may have to use the bathroom and will scoop him up and place him on the couch next to me.  Braveheart will get up and come right back and sit in my lap before I get a chance to get up letting me know he didn't appreciate me moving him.   That is when I remain seated and cuddle with him because he doesn’t do it that often.

Then there is when I come home after a long day and Braveheart is standing by the door acting happy to see me.  All the cats are happy to have me home but Braveheart is the one that stays until I pet him in greeting.  How can a person resist when a cat comes to share with you. 

These are moments I wouldn’t trade for anything, but then he starts getting restless and off he goes spraying again.  Hopefully the spraying will change and not his sweet disposition.     

I’m nervous for him, not because of the surgery but because he will be away from me for a day.  I’m sure his surgery will go fine and he will be home being the sweet indoor cat I know him to be. 

Updates will come from his surgery and recovery.  It all starts tonight.  No food after midnight. I have to put him in the other room for the evening, and then put him in a cat carrier in the morning for our journey.   I just hope he doesn’t protest too much.  Until next time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment