Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Become a FLYLady: A what?

What is Fly lady? to Fly means to Finely Love Yourself.  One way to do that is to de-clutter your living space and make your life easier.  The website for FLYLady is here:  http://www.flylady.net/

At first I was gung ho and did a lot of cleaning, then life got in the way.  I was slammed with a bunch of things that had me worried and stressed out.  The one thing that I continued to do was read the emails.  I read all the different way that people found to clean up and the way they felt.  It was inspirational. 

One person wrote a comment that just fell into place for me.  Just clean up after yourself right away instead of waiting until later.  

That simple logic made sense.   I started to pick up after myself immediately.  It doesn’t take that long to do it.  So now I clean up and already I can see how easy it would to keep up. 

The next step is to start going thru everything else.  FlyLady had a few tricks to help with the rest of the clean up. They are fun and entertaining.  The family gets involve also.  So check up FlyLady start the steps. Then get the clutter out of your life. 

I find myself wanting to go to a simpler time, when I didn’t have so much to take care of.  My responsibilities and my bills were easy.  I believe that if I get rid of a lot of the stuff I don’t need it might make me feel different.  Only time will tell in that.  I will keep updates on the project. 

Do you really need all of the stuff you have in your resident?  Look around.  Old clothes, maybe newspapers or books, magazines, toys or makeup, just fling them and feel how liberating it is.   So start loving yourself and become a FLYLady today.  Until next time.  

PS.  Last night I went through a box in my office.  I should have thrown the whole thing out but there were a few things I forgot about.  One box out another on the way out.  

No comments:

Post a Comment