Sunday, February 26, 2012

Moving Part 3

Next day the last part of the move.  We were both tired, achy, and a little bit moody.  My friend had been quiet all morning and during breakfast.  We briefly talked.  To be honest I was preoccupied by the big pieces of furniture that was to be moved.  We were expecting my friend’s male friend to help us.  That help would make a big difference in how this last leg of the move goes. 

After breakfast we drove the Uhaul truck to the old apartment.  Old since I slept in my new apartment last night.  We arrived at the place.  It looked forlorn.  I’m glad I’m moving. I have never liked this place and even though moving is difficult, in the end I know it will be for the best.

We walked in and saw all the stuff that still needed to be gathered and placed in the truck.  The last being the large pieces in which my friend’s friend will help.  I immediately started in the kitchen gathering all the last minute things.  I heard my friend talking and realized he was on his cell.  Apparently he was talking to his friend.  Oh Good soon this will be all over.

My friend said he was going to meet his friend at the bus stop and bring him back.  “Okay” I said.  Then I had a premonition.  “Are you coming back?”  I asked. 
“Oh yeah,” My friend said as he walk out. 

I kept busy cleaning and getting all the stuff into a corner.  Then I started to load some of the stuff in the truck, what I could at least.  My body was so sore.  I called my friend and left a message.  It had been more than an hour.  I was getting worried.

Another hour later my friend called and said he would be there shortly, they were on their way.  “Thank you.”  I told him and hung up.  I continued to load what I could.  More than an hour later I realized the truth.  My friend wasn’t coming back.  Something must have happened with his friend.  My friend got scared and decided he had enough.  This was very scary for me to realize. 

Once I faced the truth, I tried not to hate my friend. At that point I was glad that the bulk of my stuff was in my new place. The truck was due back in a few hours, and I was really worried.  Just to be sure I called Uhaul and told them what happened, they gave me a few hours more and wouldn’t charge me.  Once again I prayed for strength. 

I loaded up what I could, physically, and let me tell you it was heart breaking to leave a lot of my stuff in that old apartment.  My hands were tied, not having the help I needed.    I was still was looking at taking what I did haul in the truck to my new place and up those wonderful 20 steps. 

Then I had to return the Uhaul truck and walk home.  Not fun prospects.  I started back to the new place and parked out in front…
Until next time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment